May 13, 2013

Light Blue Safari Dress

Summer is nearing, and on hot days you want to look good, but also light and comfortable. When I design a tailored dress suitable both for work and warm afternoons, the most crucial element is the fabric. I was looking for a thin high-quality cotton fabric, that wasn’t see-through. Although cotton fabric tends to wrinkle more than synthetic fabrics, when the temperature rises its comfort and feel on the body are worth it.
I found the right fabric in the immortal summer shade – light blue; a retro-color, that fits all skin tones. In the previous post I presented the same dress made of red satin-cotton fabric, but the different fabric gives the dress a twist and a completely fresh look. I recommend matching the dress with white or yellow sandals and minimal jewelry, for a cool summer look.

No comments: